I have an announcement to make…
It’s not very exciting for you nor is it personal finance related, but it sure is exciting for me!
A few weeks ago I said I would buy a lottery ticket when I can utter the words “he’s sleeping through the night” and I can!
And when I refer to “he” I mean my baby! My baby is sleeping through the night (well more than before which is great). He goes to bed at 8:30pm and I do a ‘dream feed’ between 10-11pm and then he’s been sleeping for the most part until 4:30 to 5:30 am! He eats again at 4-5:30am and then usually sleeps for another 1-2 hours. I’ve been getting more than 5 hours of sleep at a time and boy, does it feel great! One time I didn’t do the dream feed (I was up too late blogging, I think it was 11:30pm and I thought that I missed the dream feed boat so might as well go to bed) and then he woke up at 1:00am so I learned my lesson there.
Seriously that sleep deprivation is really difficult to deal with. I was having trouble speaking proper sentences and when my spouse would ask me something I would not be able to answer him because I forgot (in fact, I can’t recall an example of this!! I forgot!!). I would forget what I made for dinner the night before. It was really bad. My friend got into a few fender benders (minor, no parent nor child was injured) and forgot to turn off the stove a few times with her sleep deprivation!
I don’t usually buy lottery tickets, but I will indulge in a little Scratch and Win when I get home. Scratch and Wins are these cards that you can scratch and if you have three matching, or get the crossword words, you sometimes win your money back, like $2. Haha. I used to be addicted to buying Scratch and Wins even when I wasn’t of legal age to buy lottery tickets yet. I would go to the corner store and buy 1-2 cards at a time and then I think I might have done this at least once a month for 1-2 years. The most I ever won for that was like $10 I think.
Here are some great PF blogs around the blogosphere to start off your December weekend!
PF BLOG ROUND UP
- Damn Millennial shares 5 Ways to Save Money for the Holiday Season, I am a big fan of number five and am a huge user of Letgo and Craigslist. In fact, I bought a new purse on Black Friday and am planning to sell my old one (which is 4 years old) when I get back home. It’s my guilt-purge.
- The Rich Miser shares a Life Hack to Quickly Find Opening Hours with the Google Maps App. I use this all the time too! This is perfect for doing holiday shopping at 9pm like I like to do, to avoid crowds. “I don’t usually go shopping, but when I do, I like to avoid crowds and go at night time” haha.
- I’m a huge fan of analogies and Tom at Dividends Diversify explains why he thinks investing is like gardening.
- FinSavvyPanda shares A List of 15 Financial Goals and shares her score and you can check your score too! Another reason to check out this post is the funny Bitmoji’s on the site!
- AccidentalFire has a tough problem (that I really wouldn’t mind to have), and that’s his Semi-Retirement Anxiety Problem
Readers, have you ever bought a lottery ticket before? What’s the most you’ve ever won?